Wednesday, April 7, 2010

stay classy, drink wine


Where can I find children like this? Will I be able to produce children like this? How is it that they're 8 and have such smart things to say about Broken Bells' songs? Can I have Noah?

Also, the New University printed an interview with B.o.B. who recently performed at UCI, and I was somewhat surprised by artists that he currently found inspiring:

"I would have to say that right now, it’s about artists like Broken Bells, Erykah Badu…The XX, I’ve been checking them out, they’re pretty dope. I even like Matt and Kim, like in their video when they go streaking. But the thing is, they weren’t just streaking for the attention of being naked, but more to prove a point, about being free. Doesn’t mean that everyone has to walk around naked, but just to have that freedom to remove your clothing and be comfortable." - B.o.B.

Word to the bird. Broken Bells are obviously one of my current crushes, and The xx have been a long time favorite. As most of you know (maybe) Erykah Badu recently released a controversial video for her song "Window Seat." The video was inspired by Matt & Kim's video "Lesson Learned" where Matt and Kim walk through New York City while slowly stripping off an item of clothing until they are completely naked in Time Square. What makes Erykah's video so controversial as compared to Matt & Kim's version is that her video has ties with JFK's assassination. Just watch the two videos and judge for yourself:


Matt and Kim :: Lesson Learned


Erykah Badu :: Window Seat

No comments: