Sunday, September 27, 2009

Faces


Last night I had the weirdest revelation. Have you ever known someone your whole life, but have no idea what they look like? Let me clarify. You've known this person since, say kindergarten, and it is only today, thirteen years later, that you finally realize what this person actually looks like. You recognize their face, because you've skimmed over their face so many time over the years, and at times you have even looked them straight in the eye while holding a conversation, but you have never really looked at them. You have never really noticed the curve of their nose, the nooks of their dimples, the crookedness of their smile, or the softness of their eyes. Well, that happened to me, and it was the weirdest feeling ever. I mean, am I seriously that unobservant?

No comments: