Saturday, June 27, 2009

June 25th, 2009

Stricken with shock and grief. Both Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson in one day. Though I have never been familiar with any of Farrah's work besides her work on Charlie's Angels, my prayer still goes out to her family and friends. On the other hand, Michael Jackson played a huge role in my life, especially my musical life. I remember when I was about 5 my parents would put on the Michael Jackson tape and we would all sit around the television watching all his music videos. I remember being in awe with music, his moves and the stories he told through his videos. I vividly remember being completely captivated by Smooth Criminal, Remember the Time, Black or White, Thriller and Billie Jean. He could have very well been the spark that lit my love for music. His role in the music industry cannot be matched. He was and will always be the father and king of pop. Like many say, there are things that come to this Earth that only come once, and Michael Jackson is exactly so. There will never be anyone as influential and innovative than Michael. He will be missed, but never forgotten. As The Beatles is to rock, Michael Jackson is to pop. May both Farrah and Michael rest in peace.



LN LU

No comments: