Friday, April 17, 2009

Grow Up and Blow Away

Lately, I've been thinking of all the things I want to do, and I think I'm getting a little too ambitious. I think my drive/desire to try so many things is because I desperately want to find my niche. I'm dipping my hands into journalism, music, photography, event planning, etc., because I am terrified that I will leave this place (UCI) and not find what I'm good at. I've become so obsessed with this that I've even made a tentative plan for the rest of my college career.

Summer of '09: WORK WORK WORK whatever job I can get
Fall, Winter & Spring of '09-'10: DJ @ KUCI; work for housing; get a job as a writer for New University
Summer of '10: Music Intern, or Magazine Intern
Fall, Winter & Spring of '10-'11: Study aboard; intern
Summer of '11: Intern for a magazine!
Fall, Winter & Spring of '11-'12: Music Director @ KUCI; Resident Advisor/Hall Advisor for Housing; continue internship from summer

Key word: tentative. This isn't definite, but it's ideal. We'll see how life pans out.

LN LU

1 comment:

wildwombat17 said...

Sounds like a solid plan, I wish I had one. 4 years is a long time, but at the same time is very short. I have confidence you'll find your niche though