Thursday, April 9, 2009

your body, my body

your body - every curve, every nook, every crease
has a purpose, a story,
a movement underneath my hands.
every vessel and artery leading to your heart
is pulsing in tune with mine,
beating rhythmically together.

every muscle tensing with excitement,
every muscle relaxing with relief,
stiff with joy, loose with exhaustion.

when met, our lips send whispers;
our tongues, morse code.
and our stifled breath,
releasing from one mouth to another till
our lungs collapse in sychronized patterns.

completeness.
-------

Two things occured last night/this morning. One, I realized I could potentially be a poet, and second, I think I had a sex dream.

...Maybe this sudden romanticism frenzy that seems to be cascading over my life right now is influenced by the amount of Death Cab for Cutie I am listening to. Their concert - which I have no one to go with to...YET - is coming up pretty soon, and as any aficionado (big word, look it up) would do, I am mentally preparing myself.

LN LU

No comments: